Statement of Faith
We believe the following doctrines to be entirely consistent with God revealed word. We believe these are essential to Christian faith and practice.
1. The Word of God- We believe the word of God in it's entirety is without error. We also believe that God has sovereignly preserved His word. The word of God was written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. It is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice. Scripture references; Proverbs 30:5-6, Psalm 119:9-11, Matthew 4:4, Hebrews 4:12, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:19-21.
2. The Trinity- We believe there is only one true and living God, eternally existing in three persons. The three persons of the Godhead are equal in divinity, and they execute distinct but harmonious offices in the work of creation, providence and redemption. Scripture references; Genesis 1:1, Exodus 20:1-6, Deuteronomy 6:4, Daniel 4:25, Matthew 28:19, Mark 12:27, John 1:1-4, 5:18, Ephesians 4:4-6, Hebrews 1:2-3, 1 John 5:7, Revelation 1:8, 4:11.
3. God the Father- We believe in God the Father, Creator of the universe. He is the giver and sustainer of all life. He is an infinite, personal spirit that is perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and love. We believe He is sovereign over all things and is able to carry out all that He wills according to His perfect counsel which He purposes in Himself. He has chosen to involve Himself in the affairs of men and has mercifully acted on their behalf through decreeing salvation to the Jew and Gentile alike through the person and work of His Son Jesus Christ. Scripture references; Genesis 1:1-31, Psalm 102:24-27, Isaiah 40:18-26, John 1:18,4:24, 3:16-18, 17:5; Ephesians 1:11, 3:11, 4:6, Hebrews 1:1-3,5, 1 John 5:1, 1 John 4:9-10.
4. God the Son Jesus Christ- We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ that He is the only begotten and eternal Son of God the Father. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin. He is not only human but fully divine in every way. He fulfilled the law of God and was perfect in righteousness. He performed miracles. He is the only means by which sinful man can be reconciled to God the Father. He accomplished this by His sinless life, substitutionary death on the cross, His bodily resurrection from the dead and ascension to His rightful throne on Heaven. His taking of the punishment for sin is applicable to those who receive Him by faith and thus have the promise of eternal life. Scripture references; Isaiah 7:14, 53, Matthew 11:25-30, 20:17-19, 27:33, Chapter 28, John 1:1-5, 9-17, Luke 1:35, 22:69, John 3:16-21, 4:26, 5:25-31, John 12:46-50, John 15, 17, 1 Cor. 1:9, 18, Galatians 4:4-7, Ephesians 1:7-9, 2:13, Philippians 2:5-11, Colossians 1:13-22, Hebrews 10.
5. God the Holy Spirit- We believe the Holy Spirit to be the third person of the Trinity and thus equal to the Father and the Son in divine perfection. We believe the Holy Spirit who comes forth from the Father and the Son, convicts the worlds of sin, righteousness and judgment. We believe He regenerates, sanctifies and empowers all who come to Christ by faith. For the believer He is the one who fills, indwells, seals, convicts, comforts, teaches and guides into all truth.
We also believe that through the Holy Spirit, God gives gifts to the believer for the edification and the building up of His church. These gifts vary and are according to His will and good pleasure. We also believe the Holy Spirit is the only restrainer of evil in this present age. Scripture references; John 14:16-19, 26, 15:26-27, 16:5-11, 13-14, Acts 1:4-5,8, Romans 8:14-17, 12:4-13, 1 Corinthians 12-14, Ephesians 1:13-14, 2:1-6, 2 Thessalonians 2:6-7, 1 Peter 1:2-5.
6. The Fall of Man- We believe man was created in the very likeness and image of God and that the Lord gave dominion to rule over the earth in which He created. Man, by willful disobedience, sinned against God and fell from his innocent state into depravity because of sin. At that point, man spiritually died and became separated from God through his disobedience. All men have inherited this fallen corrupt nature from Adam, and are therefore cut off from the life of God, separated and under His just condemnation. Thus men have a sinful nature and are sinners by choice according to this nature. This has placed all men in a state of enmity with God. Man being a slave to sin is unable to overcome his nature or to satisfy God's justice. Without the intervening work of God's grace in the person and work of Jesus Christ, on behalf of men, they would forever be lost in hell. Scripture reference; Genesis 1:26-31, 2:7-9, 3, 5:3, 6:5, Isaiah 64:6, Romans 3:10-23, 5:12, 6:23.
7. Salvation and Regeneration- We believe because all men have sinned, thus all men are spiritually dead and unable to worship the true living God in truth and spirit. Man's only hope to be restored to a proper relationship with the Father is to be regenerated by the Holy Spirit. In other words a man must be "born again." This is available to those who repent of their sin to God and place their faith in Jesus Christ. God uses the preaching of His word through the power of the Holy Spirit to draw men to repentance and faith. This quickening or regeneration of the Holy Spirit is solely a work of God in the souls of men. This is only available because of the atonement for sin that Christ has made through His sacrifice at the cross and His bodily resurrection from the dead. We believe that once a person is born again that he has assurance in Christ for all of eternity and will not come into judgement for his sins, for they have been washed away by the blood of Christ. The Holy Spirit seals the believer for the day of redemption. Thus, being freed from sin, its power and its consequences. The child of God serves Him out of love and devotion because of what Christ has done for Him, not as a means to earn salvation. Scripture references; John 3:1-21, Titus 3:5-7, Ephesians 1:13-14, 2:1-9, Hebrews 2:11, 9:14, 10:10,14, 1 Peter 1:2-3. Romans 6:1-2.
8. Satan, Judgment and Eternal Punishment- We believe in a literal and personal existence of satan. He has been cast down from heaven by God because of his rebellion and declared an enemy of God. He is actively opposed to God and man on this earth. There is an appointed time in which he, with his demons, and all unbelievers will be forever punished in the lake of fire. This lake of fire is a literal place that exists and is referred to as hell. All men who do not excercise genuine repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ on the day of judgment, will be found guilty and will be justly punished by God in this place of torment and suffering for all of eternity. Scripture reference; Genesis 3:1-5, 14-15, Job 1:6-7, Isaiah 14:12-17, Matthew 4:2-11, 5:22,30, 7:13-14, 21-22, 10:28, 23:22, 2 Corinthians 4:4, Ephesians 2:2, 6:10-13, Hebrews 9:27, Jude 9, 1 John 1:18, Revelation 20:10, 11-15.
9. The Church- We believe in the universal church which is made up of all those individuals who have been born again by the Spirit of God. The head of the church is founded on the person and work of Jesus Christ and the church is subject to the Lord Jesus Christ in all matters of faith and practice. We believe that each church is a part of the whole and has Christian liberty to govern its affairs under the authority of Jesus Christ, according to His word. We believe the church's mission is what the Lord's was when He was here on earth and that is to seek and to save that which is lost. We are to be disciples of truth in word and deed without compromise, and to meet the needs of the body as God leads and provides. Scripture reference; Matthew 16:16-18, Acts 2:42-47, Ephesians 2:19-22, 5:25-27, Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15-18, Colossians 1:18, 1 Timothy 3:14-15.
10. Church Ordinances- We believe the Lord before He ascended to His rightful throne gave the church two ordinances to be obeyed and followed and they are; believers baptism and the Lord's supper. We believe that the correct interpretation of scripture is that baptism is to occur after one has turned to the Lord Jesus Christ in repentance and faith. We also believe that baptism is to take place by immersion according to scripture. This baptism has no saving power and is symbolic of our spiritual union with Christ through His death, burial and resurrection. In this, we are professing that we have declared ourselves to be dead, buried, and raised with Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit. Scripture references; Matthew 3:1-8, 11-12, 21:25, 28:29, Mark 1:4-5, 11:30, 16:16, Luke 3:1-12, 16-17, 20:4-6, John 1:29-33, 3:22-30, 4:1-3, Acts 2:37-47, 18:14-19, 22:16, Romans 6:3-8, 1 Corinthians 1: 13-17, Galatians 3:27, Ephesians 4:5, Colossians 2:11-12, 1 Peter 3:21.
The Lord's supper is a privilege and an honor that was instituted by Christ to be observed in remembrance of His great sacrifice for our sins. One should be very careful to examine himself before partaking in this symbolic institution. We partake as redeemed believers in the bread (symbolic of His body given for us), and the cup of juice (symbolic of His blood shed for us). We realize that this ordinance, like baptism, has no saving power in itself, but, is to be done for those who have been saved, by receiving His free gift of salvation that God has offered through His Son. Scripture reference; Matthew 26:26-30, Mark 14:22-25, Luke 22:15-20, 1 Corinthians 11:17-34.
11. Christian Conduct- We believe that a Christian should live for the glory of God and the well-being of his fellowman. He should be a faithful steward with what the Lord has given him and see to meet the needs of others. He should strive to realize and come into the full maturity of stature in Christ Jesus. Scripture reference; 2 Corinthians 9:6-8, Ephesians 4:11-16, Philippians 2:14-16, Colossians 3:17-23, 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18, James 1:27, 2:15-16, 1 John 3:17-18, 5:2.
12. Things to Come- We believe in the physical and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ where He will establish His Millennial kingdom. We believe there will be a bodily resurrection of the dead and those who have believed on Christ shall share with Him in His resurrection unto everlasting life in a literal heaven. Those who have believed in Christ will receive rewards at the judgment and will live with Him in eternal joy. Those who have rejected Him and His great salvation will suffer the penalty of their sin in endless suffering (see #8). Scripture reference; Matthew 12:39-40, 24:29-51, 26:61, 27:40, 63, 28:1-7, Luke 24:46, Acts 1:6-11, Romans 6:4-5, Philippians 3:20-21, 1 Thessalonians 1:10, 4:13-5:11, 2 Thessolonians 2:1-12, Hebrews 9:27-28, Revelation 19:11-16, 20:4-6, 11-15, 21:1-8, John 5:28-29, Revelation 20:1-15, Matthew 25:31-46.